We get it. Remodeling your home is so exciting that sometimes you just can’t help but grab your sledgehammer and start your own #DemoDay. But before you start tearing out those cabinets or ripping up that tile, consider these remodeling do’s and don’ts:
- Set a Budget: Before you ever begin a remodel, set a budget for the project. Then stick to it. Sometimes easier said than done, a budget can help you stay on target, and keep your wallet happy.
- Make a Priority List: As you plan your remodel, make a list of all of the projects that need completed, as well as all of the ones you want done. By starting with the needs and then adding in the wants as you are able, you can ensure a great finished product.
- Partner with an Expert: You want your remodel to be the best that it can be, so make sure you are teaming up with the best in the industry. By partnering with NARI members in the Kansas City area, like Total Home KC, you will set your project up for success from the start.
- Do it All Yourself: While DIY projects are popular on Pinterest, doing a large-scale remodel by yourself can lead to bigger problems than just crooked trim.
- Choose Cheap: Even though bargain materials on the clearance rack at your local hardware store can be tempting, remember that a quality project deserves quality materials. You get what you pay for.
- Rush the Deadline: Sure, you want your project done as quickly as possible so you can enjoy the end result, but rushed projects don’t give you the time to really think through every possibility, leaving you with an even bigger headache when you have to circle back to change or fix things later.
To learn more or to start planning your next home remodeling project, contact Total Home KC today.